Looking to get into the field of School Psychology? Learn about the great graduate programs universities in Illinois have to offer for you to become a leader in the field. There are currently eight NASP Approved School Psychology programs in Illinois. All programs offer Specialist level training with some also providing Doctoral level.
- The Chicago School of Professional Psychology
- Eastern Illinois University
- Illinois State University
- Loyola University - Chicago
- National-Louis University
- Northern Illinois University
- Southern Illinois University - Edwardsville
- Western Illinois University
InternsMake sure you have the support and tools you need for a successful internship.
- Connect with ISPA Connect with ISPA on social media to keep up with whats new in the field, upcoming events and workshops, app reviews, and to network with colleagues and future employers!
- Join ISPA! Become a student/intern member of ISPA at a reduced rate for access to affordable professional development and opportunities for onsite interviews at convention
- Illinois School Psychology Internship Manual 2014 This document delineates the purpose of, and requirements for, the school psychology internship program. It supersedes all previous versions of the manual. This document represents a conscientious effort by DUSPP to consolidate internship program requirements and procedures in a manner which can be easily understood and implemented.
- Internship Interview: Things to Consider This internship interview tip sheet, Internship Interview: Things to Consider, was a collaborative effort of the 2009/2010 ISPA Intern/Student representatives and several School Psychologists/Professors across the state of Illinois. They incorporate tips and knowledge from experiences of interviewers/interviewees in these groups. It is their hope that this document will help students during the interview process and provide better expectations. Also, we anticipate districts/co-ops and School Psychology graduate programs may use this document as a beneficial tool in their settings.
- Intern Universal Acceptance Date 2015 The university training directors and governing board of ISPA has set a policy on accepting school psychology internships. Internship applicants cannot accept a district offer prior to March 14th for the following academic school year.
- Research Request Requirements
- Student Development Workgroup Learn about the workgroup that represents students in NASP Leadership
- Scholarships and Research Awards Learn about scholarships and research grants ISPA offers for students and interns.